Cape Cod is one of the most fabled summer getaways in the U.S., and it’s certainly an awesome destination for families. You won’t find a better home base for a family vacation here in the Outer Lands than the Lighthouse Inn, where we not only put you within easy reach of some of the Cape’s most popular all-ages attractions but also supply you with plenty to do right here on our oceanfront grounds!
Cape Cod Family Activities at the Lighthouse Inn
With our private beach, swimming pool, playground, sports facilities, and other amenities, the Lighthouse Inn is tailor-made for family fun and magic on a Cape Cod summer vacation.
This time of year (July and August), we also provide organized family activities and entertainment throughout the week, just to up the ante:
- On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, enjoy a bit of healthful family yoga from 7:30 to 8:30 AM, and spend some quality time on our inflatable waterslide from 2 to 4 PM.
- On Tuesdays, Juggler Trevor wows the all-ages crowd from 7 to 8 PM with his hand-eye coordination.
- On Thursdays, Sean Burke performs some eye-popping magic from 7 to 8 PM.
- On Saturday evenings from 7 to 8 PM, you can gather around the bonfire for some good old-fashioned s’mores and a singalong led by Kathy.
Other Family-Friendly Things to Do on Cape Cod
From hiking, biking, and beachgoing in the Cape Cod National Seashore to amusement parks and museums, there’s an awful lot to fill up the days on a family vacation on the Cape.
Too much, really, to cover in a single blogpost, but we’ll get you started by linking you to previous Lighthouse Inn posts chockfull of ideas for family fun:
- Nothing says Cape Cod like a day at the beach. Check out our overview of some of the best sand-and-surf options available to you on a Lighthouse Inn stay—including our very own private beach!
- Hoofing it amid Cape Cod’s scenic splendor is a great chance to spend some quality family time together and get a workout to boot. Here’s our roundup of some of the best trails on the Cape.
- Young and old thrill at the sight of some of the world’s biggest animals milling about the waters off Cape Cod, host this time of year to humpbacks, minkes, finbacks, and other baleen giants. Check out our guide to Cape Cod whale-watching.
- When you’re not cavorting on our Lighthouse Inn inflatable waterslide, you’ve got the splish-splashy charms of the Cape Cod Inflatable Park just a few miles from our door.
We look forward to hosting you and the entire gang here on the shores of Nantucket Sound at the Lighthouse Inn!